There's this girl that I know, who only smiles. Sometimes I think that that's the only thing she's capable of doing. Every time I see her, she grins, her mouth touching her ears, showing her full set of teeth, her face glowing. But that glow never reaches her eyes. Nobody else seems to notice it, but every time she smiles, it's only her mouth, but not her eyes, not her soul. Everyone seems to think that her life is perfect, that she's always happy, that it's all butterflies and rainbows for her, but they can't see what she's really going through, the pain that passes through her everyday and night, the tears she sheds every night, the scars that she's hiding...
I just want her to know that I notice. I can feel her pain, even though I'm not going through it, I can see it in her. I just want her to know that I'm here for her.
H.
No comments:
Post a Comment